my friend allie used to run around LA wearing nothing but bathing suits and kimono tops. she would drive around like a maniac in her prius, pull over on the highway, jump out and pull a tumbleweed she found into the backseat. she wasn’t bogged down by PANTS or BELTS or SHIRTS or anything like that. and she looked fucking fantastic.
allie was also one of those people who COULD roll around LA in nothing but a bathing suit. i was not. if i had to compare us to animals, i would compare her to some kind of jungle cat and me to a teenaged water buffalo. but i wanted that freedom…that simplicity…that ease of just having to worry about one main item of clothing to cover up my body. this is where the romper stepped in and saved my life.
here is why:
1. most rompers are built with a drop waist. if you get them in the appropriate size, no one notices your distended hangover belly when you throw a romper on.
2. rompers are no brainers. you wake up. its hot. too hot for leggings. you cant be bothered to try and act like a lady in a dress. throw on a romper and go.
3. you don’t put on a romper to go to the clurrb. this is not a sexy look. this is not the outfit that brings the proverbial BOYS TO THE YARD. this is something that you wear for YOU.
4. yes. its toddler wear but toddlers know whats up. they eat and nap and watch tv and play with dolls. they live the fucking LIFE sometimes. we should all occasionally follow suit.
5. the one downfall to a romper is going to the bathroom…its a LOT of work. i wouldn’t be above throwing a snap crotch flap on a romper to make the whole process a great deal more convenient. again…this isn’t an outfit you wear to impress the bros. this is an outfit you wear when you just want to NOT WORRY ABOUT THE HASSLE OF CLOTHING.
they aren’t for everyone. i’m not trying to convert anyone here. i’m just letting the internet know how they fixed me as a person.